Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lake Rotoroa and Monopoly Domination

Hey all!

We went to Hamilton, the nearest big city (pop ~300,000) about 45 minutes north of Otorohanga yesterday.  While there, we bought a Monopoly game and have played it twice in the 19 hours since then.  Blake won last night and this morning, I concurred all with Monopoly Domination!

So now that the kids tears have slowed to a trickle and my maniacal laughter has faded a little, I have a chance to send this post out.  It has been raining pretty much all day today, so now the kids are playing chess and watching TV.

While in Hamilton, I visited 2 yarn stores, both of which had already closed by 2pm on Saturday, which is actually pretty typical here.  On a quest for a promised visit to a playground for Blake, we ended up at Lake Rotoroa.
Lake Rotoroa in Hamilton, NZ
Look familiar?  It would be hard to tell it apart from Greenlake if it weren't for the interesting wild-life.


The kids had a good time on the play equipment, which was also unique.

... and a fabulous tree hanging over the water that was great for climbing on.

The clinic works really differently here, but it works well.  I'll explain more in detail in a later post.
Thanks for comments.  It makes me feel like I'm staying connected with you all.
Amy

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. I really miss you all. Come back and dirty up some dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, what's with that tire thing?! I was just wondering what you're knitting these days! I'm revisiting a baby sweater I started for Avery while she was in her sleepy phase of only a few months old, tho she'll probably outgrow it by the time I finish it!

    ReplyDelete