Saturday, August 21, 2010

Horses in the park?

Took the kids to the park once the rain cleared up.  I have realized that "gumboots" are a necessity here as it was pretty soggy there.
  
A man brought his little girl via miniature horse to play at the park.

 The man hopped onto the back of the horse for a bit, but it looked like the poor horse was about to collapse under all of the weight. 

The kids are both pretty wheezy.  Apparently, asthma is very common here, even for people who don't have any history of it.  I think I'll have to have them seen at my new clinic on Monday to get inhalers.  We brought albuterol with us, but it's not really working. 

The plan today is to go to Te Kuiti, a town south of here, to buy gumboots.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog. I really enjoy reading your input and seeing the photos. It looks wonderful. Rain!! I know that reminds you of Seattle. I'm on my way to work right now. Take care and have fun. Love you all. Donna

    ReplyDelete