Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Unfortunately, there's not a lot of Trick Or Treating here, so despite Blake's insistence that he need a costume, we ended up dressed as Americans in a public hospital for the evening. 

Okay, back up.  Today started as a very slow day with laundry and not much else when Liza stubbed her toe.  Fast forward 5 hours later and she has a broken L big toe (Type 3 Salter Harris fracture of the L 1st DIP for my medical friends).  She was in the most pain I think I've ever seen her in when it first happened, but she is doing okay now.  She'll have the cast for 4 weeks and if the X-Ray in 2 weeks shows that the bone has not moved out of place, she can go into a stiff-soled shoe.  Hopefully her time at camp won't be affected too much in one month.


Friday was South School's Flower Show.  The kids are all required to participate and make very interesting flower arrangements.

A vaseline saucer is a regular saucer that is decorated with flower petals and leaves using vaseline to stick them to the saucer and together.  Liza and Blake both placed for their effort.

I also had a chance to see the kids' classrooms and work and get pictures of them with their teachers.

 Liza and Ms. Gillian Dampney

 Blake and Ms. Raewyn Hunter

3 comments:

  1. Hi its Grandpa. My first thought when i pulled up your blog, was that Liza sure went to a lot of trouble for a Halloween costume. I've stubbed my toe before and it really hurt. Never broken though. Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear, I'm so sorry to hear about your oh so
    broken toe. I can't imagine how painful your experience was...a Halloween to remember for sure. Grandpa told me that when he saw your pictures, he thought you were showing he your Halloween costumes...then he read your blog and felt so bad for all of you.

    Blake and Liza, your petal artworks were beautiful...It must have been painstaking work to produce such beautiful pieces.

    It's a sunny and bright day, here. I'm sure your weather is improving with summer around the corner. We miss you, but we also know your having a lot of fun...just try not to stub your toes!

    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Halloween u guys! Sorry to hear about your toe ; ( Hope all is well with everything else. : )

    ReplyDelete