Saturday, September 4, 2010

Disco and safe from the earthquake

First I want to just reassure everyone that we are nowhere near the earthquake that New Zealand early this morning and didn't even feel it.  It looks like there was quite a bit of damage for some people in the region, though.

This week in the (not so) quite town of Otorohanga, a disgruntled patient threatened the clinic, there was a gas leak that shut down main street for a few hours, and some teenagers blew up something large causing an explosion nearby fortunately not hurting anyone.  I think I've seen at least half of the kids in Oto with colds and coughs this past week.  And I got my first paycheck!

Liza and Blake's school had a Disco on Friday night.  I think the kids had lots of fun. 

Blake and a couple of his new friends

Today, we went to Kawhia (pronounced Kaffia because "wh" in Maori is pronounced "f" and the kids played on the beach.  I'll try to post more about that tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. What a week! Good to hear that you're all safe...and having a good time. Have a great weekend.

    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a couple of future Dancing with the Stars winners to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi kids! I checked your weather report last night and it looks like you've been getting lots and lots of rain...and even flooding lately. It's sprinkling here and kinda gray all day. Thinking of you.

    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, happy new year to you and Liza and Blake. You should publish your blogs, they are so great.

    ReplyDelete